As an independent mortgage broker we offer advice and recommendations on:
- First time buyers
- Home ownership remains the dream of many people. We aim to help make this dream into a reality but we understand that it can be a daunting process. Here at The Mortgage Exchange we guide you through the whole application process with our friendly approach and expert advice so that getting onto the property ladder is as stress free as possible.
- If you have already got a mortgage it is often worth checking if you can get a better deal, particularly if you have come to the end of your original deal e.g. a 2 year fixed rate. However, searching for the best deal can be hard work – that’s where we come in. We do the hard work for you. We will search the whole of the market and within minutes could tell you what options are available to you and advise you on the best route dependent on your circumstances.
- Moving home can be a stressful time but securing a great mortgage deal for your new home needn’t be. Here at The Mortgage Exchange we offer mortgage advice that is unique to you and your situation. We know the market inside out and can offer initial expert advice on a no fee, no obligation basis.
- Buy to let*
- If you are looking to expand an existing property portfolio or are thinking of investing in BTL properties for the first time you will need to take out a BTL mortgage. With the additional rules attached to Buy to Lets recently it can be complicated to understand what criteria you will need to meet in order to be accepted onto a deal. The rules surrounding buy to let have changed significantly and do you own your buy to lets in personal names or via a Special Purpose Vehicle is very much a matter of personal circumstance .
So if its ;Investment buy to letConsumer buy to letRegulated buy to letPersonal ownershipSpecial Purpose Vehicle (SPV)Ltd CompanyLLPWith our expert knowledge and experience we can advise you on what will work for you.
- Right to buy
- This is the scheme that allows social housingl tenants to buy their council home at a discount. You don’t need a personal capital deposit as most lenders will lend you upto 100% of the discounted purchase price subject to you meeting income criteria and credit checks . We are here to advise and guide you through this process.
- Help to buy
- The government created the Help to Buy scheme to help people to buy their own home. These include the Help to Buy: Shared Ownership, Shared Equity and Help to Buy: Equity Loan. However not all lenders will accept people buying houses using these schemes. With our knowledge and experience we know the ones who do – helping to make the process of buying your home as smooth as possible.
- Shared ownership
Shared ownership is a scheme which can help you to get onto the property ladder. Essentially it is offering you the chance to buy a share of your home, the normal minimum share is 25% . You will then pay rent on the remaining share. The property comes with what is known as ‘staircasing rights ‘, these rights allow you to purchase a larger share of the property in future years should you wish to upto total ownership . Some more rural schemes however will restrict staircasing to a maximum of 80% to ensure the home stays affordable for future generations.Not all lenders will lend on shared ownership homes, we can guide you through the ones who do.
- New builds
- Lenders all tend to have different criteria for new build homes and flats ans when you first start looking it may all seem like a bit of a minefield you could waste hours just looking through websites , reading magazine and newspapers We can help with this, as again our knowledge and experience comes into its own.
- Gifted deposits
- With the Bank of Mum and Dad (and Grandparents) becoming increasingly important to help the younger generation get onto the property ladder gifted deposits are becoming an ever more common occurrence. At The Mortgage Exchange we are experienced in dealing with this and can advise on the best lenders to go with and let you know straight away what evidence of the deposit will be needed to put your mind at rest.
- Adverse credit
- Not everyone has a faultless credit record but this doesn’t mean you will never be able to get a mortgage. Some lenders are willing to lend to people who have adverse credit, although their deals are unlikely to match the standard mortgage market. At The Mortgage Exchange we will do our best to find you a deal and just because you think your credit is terrible doesn’t mean you have no options – we can look at this with you and advise you of what is available to you.
- Bridging finance
- Commercial finance
- Life cover and Critical illness cover
- The maxim of “failing to plan is planning to fail” is no truer than when failing to consider life protection. You never know what is around the corner but there are many types of protection policy to consider and it can be confusing working out which one I best suited to you and your family. As independent mortgage and protection advisers at The Mortgage Exchange we can advise and quote for you to help you make up your mind. When taking out a mortgage through us we will automatically quote for you and can discuss your needs further should you wish to.
- Building and contents insurance
When taking out a mortgage lenders will insist that their security is insured should the least expected happen. The buildings must be insured, however, it is up to you whether you want to take out contents insurance cover to.Being a whole of market insurance broker we can quote you for the most competitive and comprehensive policies on the market
*In general BTL mortgages are not covered by the financial conduct authority